On 08/14/2013 04:55 PM, Frank wrote:
Only took a minute..but it didn't solve the problem.

Even cutting down the delay is better than nothing. After moving from F17 to F19 lightdm had a long delay, both in coming up and in getting to a responsive desktop after login. (Only on my laptop, however.) I got this idea from fedorafourm.org, although it came from a bugzilla about F19 being slow coming back from suspend, and just happened to work for me.

Just a wild idea, but do you have any peripherals attached at boot that might be causing a delay? If so, see what happens if they're disconnected until after boot.