On 24 November 2013 02:35, Roger <are...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Would the moderators please be kind enough to take this very tiresome off
> topic  -off list-  so that discussion about Fedora is not circumvented by
> trivia.
>
> Out of the thousands of lurkers and contributors, some of which are major
> corporations, gov't agencies, teachers, scientists, people wanting to learn
> about our Fedora system, beginners, you name it, we have half a dozen folk
> endlessly recycling opinion in which every contributor is right to some
> degree but will never convince others so.
>
> It is not a discussion of, nor a help with, Fedora or the system, it never
> was.

There's a mistake here in the understanding of how mailing lists work.
It's not a forum, the major option for moderation is to block people
or put them on moderation (which is quite time consuming). They can
tell us to drop it, but if you want to ask them to ask then better to
email the admin address rather than the whole list. To be honest
though you could just ignore it. There are lots of threads I don't
read on here because they're not relevant to me either.

Actually, the thread was originally about an issue with fedora
documentation. There were two other problems with that particular
page, a bug has been filed, it'll get changed at release. The ongoing
discussion, if it's not causing real upset, keeps people coming back.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk