On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Dustin Kempter
<dust...@consistentstate.com> wrote:
> i am picking up a lenovo y510p with dual video cards and 16gb of ram
> tonight. any thoughts on how well this will work with fedora? are there any
> issues? thanks

By looking at the specs, the machine should work out of the box. (We
have a number of comparable high-end Asus laptops and they simply
work).

*However*, in-order to get the most of the machine, you'll either need
to install the nVidia binary driver (from freshrpms) or (possibly)
install the hybrid nvidia/bumblebee driver / tools [1].

BTW, I would consider changing the subject of this thread.

- Gilboa
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bumblebee