I honestly dont understand the whole point of tagging in firefox... Well
I dont know how to use the tagging feature, I have never used it...

What do you do tag something then type it in the address bar and hit
enter and it will load that bookmark?
~ Christopher M ~
ch...@marlows.org

Twitter: www.twitter.com/cmar606
Blog:
--- Begin Message ---

On 04/05/14 08:43, Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 09:22 -0500, g wrote:
not everyone wants to restart with previous tabs.

Yes, sometimes you stopped browsing because one or more websites
 > brought the thing to its knees, and you don't want to resume that.

Some browsers have a menu option to resume previous browsing session.
So, after you've started a fresh browsing session, you can use that
option and pick up from where you left off.

had that with firefox, but lost, with a couple other abilities,
after an upgrade. was handy.

Bookmarking's all very well and good, but it's easy to amass so
 > many bookmarks that you can't make head nor tail of them.  It's
 > not helped by websites with useless page titles.

true. but anyone with bad 'house keeping habits' will have an
amass of bookmarks that they know little of, regardless of using
bookmarking of all tabs.

if one is to use bookmarks, one should learn how to use them.
not just mark to have a bookmark.

every time i set a bookmark, i immediately set a tag.

i have 19,812 bookmarks, all with tags, about 85% have keywords,
and i will not guess how many i have filed in a description.

all my bookmarks are categorized and alphabetized with headings
to easily locate them. it took a few years off and on of
reorganizing to get them to the organization they are now in,
but it was well worth it.

in fact, a bit of a brag, but as a further description, my
bookmarks would make Melvil Dewey proud. :-)

also, among these bookmarks, there are a lot from netscape days
that i still use.

this is heading in a tangent way off from "Subject:", so i leave
with above.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.