Justin Brown writes:

David,

This doesn't make sense. Tmpfs can be swapped out, so you're gaining
absolutely nothing and taking on a development and maintenance burden.
IO for /tmp would have to come from disk when using tmpfs (in the case
of heavy swapping) or a traditional file system either way. In the
end, we're probably talking about 1MiB combined between the 4 tmpfs
file systems on Fedora.

It doesn't have to make sense to you.

To me, the idea of sticking /tmp in RAM is absolutely bizarre. And the fact that it can be swapped is no help: It's one more thing to swap. I want *less* swapping, not more.

--
David Benfell
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you do not understand the attachment.