Hi Ed,

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, Ed Greshko wrote:

Yes, it can be a time consuming process.  That is why I keep a weekly
snapshot of my .kde and .config directory structure.  And because
something similar happened to me a few years ago.  I gave up on try to
track it down and just blew away those directories and started
configuring as I liked it.

thanks for the advice but seems that I've found where the problem was. I
was saving (and merging all) the history of my open tcsh when closing
and restoring at boot. Seems that last update of konsole/tcsh has broken
the feature and the merged file became a blob of 50Mb useless and above
all that takes a lot to be loaded by my open shells on restore. Now I've
disabled the functionality and everything seems to work as expected.

Walter