On 10/06/2014 02:51 PM, Dave Ihnat wrote:
On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 02:22:42PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On 10/06/2014 01:02 PM, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
That's not unusual with DHCP. DHCP assigned IP-addresses usually
have limited life-time until they expire. After expiration machines
may be assigned a new IP-address.

However, I will point out that DHCP servers _tend_ to reassign the same
IP address to a machine renewing its lease.

Sure. But I've seen some implementations (on home-routers), which were not doing so, but iterated through the whole pool of addresses, instead.

Ralf