On 10/07/14 23:53, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> thank you Ed, I learned many things from you. Actually I am a Linux beginner

Welcome to Linux.

Mostly what has been discussed here is networking concepts.  The same applies
to any network connected device just the location and way the configuration
information is stored and handled is different .

> Just another question, if I can, please:
> it exists some fix relation between the "port number" of the servers  and the
> theirs IP number ?
>
> It is some kind of correlation between them ?

The analogy of the telephone number and extension is a good one.  The only
thing I would add is that the extension (port/service) number is generally
fixed, standardized.

A list is kept by the IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority) and can be
seen here....

http://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml