On 10/23/2014 11:08 AM, Doug wrote:

On 10/23/2014 08:25 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:53:42 +0300
Gilboa Davara wrote:

I'd personally go with CentOS 7.0 (if all the required software is
there) or Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Or if you find the horror that is the Ubuntu Unity interface too
much to bear, Linux Mint is essentially Ubuntu with a different
UI plugged in by default. (I used to think Unity was the most
horrible interface ever invented, then I had to use Windows 8
and I apologized to Ubuntu :-).
Have you installed Classic Shell (free) on your Windows 8 system?
Make it look like Win 7 or even XP. Get rid of those big ugly
square things forever!

--doug
Hey Doug,
I do not have windows 8 :)
I am still on win xp on my dual boot system.
I only boot into winxp for arcane purposes, and even that
is very rare.