Running geany 1.37. I am currently using geany to write css, html and twig
files. I have seen many use an editor called sublime but I am sticking with
geany.

One of the capabilities of sublime is being able to type eg.:

.myclass

and have it converted to

.myclass is of course only an example and I am looking for a macro that would
allow me to type . + some class name and have it converted analogously to
above. While I have extended the auto-completion capabilities by editing
snippets.conf, this will not work for my use case above since the class name
can/should be anything I choose.

Does anyone know how to do this?