Hi folks,
I'm trying to accomplish to have a particular highlight for a basic
compiler.
I could accomplish such option for Kate an Notepad++ (partially).
I set geany up for Archlinux in Xfce4 desktop environment.

I've, then copied the freebasic and I tried to change the keyword list,
for the four available items. Since I discovered that Scintilla lexer
has only "Keywords", "Preprocessor", "User1" and "User2" items.
Despite that the compiler has some more items (they are seven), but I
will  merge some of the extra items to the four ones.

So I copied the /usr/share/geany/filedefs/filetypes.freebasic in
~/.config/geany/filedefs/ with the new name. Then I substitute the
freebasic keywords for keywords items, I dded lexer_filetype=FreeBasic.
Added also the name in the filetype_extensions.conf, without ommenting.

I realised to make the new highlighter appear on the selection menu,
but my source code doesn't show any keyword highlighted, just only the
numbers and the single-line comments are visible.
I was trying to set the position near to the freebasic, as filetype
selection menu, but I could only obtain to show on top of the menu.

I noted that the lines for the keywords exceed the 5760 columns for the
line. So it seems that the keywords setting is not applied.

Fulvio