On 18/7/24 13:32, Little Girl via Users wrote:
I messed around with it and got it working this way:

        1. Open the "Build" menu.
        2. Click on "Set Build Commands" in its context menu.
        3. Click on an empty label in the "Python Commands" section.
        If you don't have any free in that section, click on an empty
        label in the "Independent Commands" section.
        4. Type in "Debug" or whatever you would like the menu entry
        to be.
        5. Paste your 'python3 -m pdb "%f"' command into the textbox
        to the right of the label.
        6. Click the "OK" button.
        7. Now you'll find the "Debug" entry in the "Build" menu.

Thank you for your reply. That's what I have, in my case f9 starts the debugger. The problem that I have is once the debugger starts it runs to the end of the python code. It needs to not go past the first line so that I can enter a pdb command.

--

Regards,
Phil