March 2, 2023 at 8:11 AM, "Alexander Boettcher"
<alexander.boettc...@genode-labs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your efforts. Great that you got Sculpt running on another machine
> and that the report_dump setup is working for you in general (which did not
> reveal anything for X201, but nice!).
>
> The following options I see, you can try (if you still want to).
>
> Based on your message, that nothing changed if you remove 'novga' from the
> hypervisor command line, please try to iterate through a) and b):
>
> a) In grub.cfg, try add an 'vga' command option to the bender line. Bender
> should print some life signs via VGA text beside "Booting 'Genode on NOVA'"
> (which is still from grub2). You may also try to remove the 'intel_hwp_...'
> commandline option.
>
> b) You may try to remove the bender tool. Remove the _whole_ "multiboot2 ...
> bender" line in grub.cfg, and replace on the next line module2 with
> multitboot2, e.g. "module2 ... hypervisor ... " with "multiboot2 ...
> hypervisor ...". As commandline option on the hypervisor keep 'novga'
> removed. You may also try to add 'spinner', which would give you some more
> signs from the hypervisor, if it comes up. Testwise, you may also try to
> remove the _whole_ last line with the image.elf, so that the hypervisor have
> to complain definitively via VGA text output about the missing Genode image.

None of this changed anything, except that removing the image.elf line meant I
no longer heard a few seconds of a whine of the computer doing something.

But I have good news: I finally thought to try an older image, and 22.04 boots
successfully! I read that Genode 22.05 brought display driver changes.

The X20* Hardware Maintenance Manual shows a few different FRUs for the panel.
I could send you EDID data or whatever if that might be useful.