Paolo Molaro wrote:
> or 3, the easiest of all: using function pointers in the C code which the
> runtimes will generate automatically when passing a delegate to a p/invoked
> method.
> Besides being trivial compared to both 1 and 2, it works on Mono and it works
> on the MS CLR.

I'm glad you mentioned that; we use it in our P/Invoked code (for the
callback when iteration over windows), and it works just fine; I was
beginning to worry that it might not work on Mono.

A question - if we were trying to produce something that, at a source
level, looked like the CPython extensions API, is there any easy way
that we could get that to be able to call back to IronPython?  I can
imagine something like an init() function on the managed side that could
pass a number of delegates over to the unmanaged code so that they could
be called back at a later point, but is there a more elegant solution?

Cheers,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas
MD & CTO, Resolver Systems Ltd.

We're hiring! http://www.resolversystems.com/jobs/

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK