Tomas Matousek wrote:
I think nobody answered this question yet:

As a minor supplementary question, how do I get a reference to the
default ScriptScope on an engine? Is there any performance advantage in
using the default one, can I replace it, and does replacing it remove
any performance benefits we might have got? (OK, so strictly speaking
that wasn't just one question...)

There is no default scope associated with an engine (other than Global scope on
ScriptRuntime).
All methods that operate on a scope yet don't take one create a new empty scope
each time called.

Thanks. It turns out I was talking about the default scope on a compiled code object. We need to execute a lot of code in the same scope. Looks like we lose *some* of the advantage of compiling by not executing in the default scope of the compiled code.

All the best,

Michael

Tomas

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/