There's no such thing as a file descriptor number in .NET -- or, for that
matter, in Windows itself! :)  (The latter is something of a semantic point,
of course, as a HANDLE serves something of the same role in Win32 as a file
descriptor number does in Unix.)
If you have a FileStream, I think you can turn it into a Windows HANDLE by
saying
IntPtr handle = stream.SafeFileHandle.DangerousGetHandle();
The C library should have a way to convert a HANDLE into a "file
descriptor", though I wasn't able to identify the function name with a quick
google.
I don't see a way to get handles for stdin, stdout or stderr, though, except
that these ought to be easy to translate by hand.

 On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Tom Wright <tom.wri...@resolversystems.com