merl...@microsoft.com wrote:
[snip...]

CHECKIN COMMENTS
Changeset Id: 918179
Date: 5/27/2009 10:36:35 AM

(dfugate) Renamed "IPY_OPTIONS" environment variable to "TEST_OPTIONS" which is
a bit more IronRuby friendly.

(Shelveset: TEST_OPTIONS;REDMOND\dfugate | SNAP CheckinId: m9247)
Changeset Id: 918178
Date: 5/27/2009 10:35:23 AM

(dinov) Tfpt review /shelveset:LotsOfPythonBugs;dinov

Python + 1 DLR Interpreter Change

First the DLR interpreter change – this is fixing a stack trace issue reported
by Curt.  When we have a mixed interpreted/compiled stack we’re getting the
wrong result.  This is because of few reasons:
1.      We need to clear the stack back trace we’ve calculated for Python when
we re-throw the exception otherwise we’ll re-use it.  I’ve made the rethrow in
WithStatement now throw through our helper and updated the interpreter to do
nothing special w/ repros making it closer to the compiled code path.
2.      Over in ExceptionHelpers we are combining the saved stacks + the new
stacks in the incorrect order when reverse frames is true.  This causes us to
get confused and lose frames.

20634 hex_codec needs to be imported before hex decode can happen 15428 ".". does not generate a SyntaxError in interactive sessions 15348 TypeError thrown for IronPython.Compiler.Ast.ErrorExpression cast failure in interactive sessions 20302 codecs.lookup errors with uppercase encoding names 20051 Re-raising exception causes loss of traceback 22259 len(buffer) is incorrect 4565 Support all encodings CPython does for _codecs.encode and _codecs.decode 21929 os.listdir does not accept empty path 20603 Trivial: os.walk(‘’) doesn’t work 2169 test_isinstance incompatibilities with CPython 17235 dir(System.ArgIterator) broken 20039 struct.pack('L', -1) is stricter than in CPython 19484 Error with timeit.py module 19005 Strange issues with BOM? 10816 -X:MaxRecursion N<=1 broken 19278 Confusing Error Message when using in operator
13912 TypeError: Could not create instance of <type 'Visual'>     Improve the
error message – we now include that the type is abstract

Also assigning to MemoryHolder’s size as caught in code review, fixing
build.bat to run w/ frames enabled.

Nice checkin Message! Not to mention impressive, lots of good stuff there.

20634, 15428, 20051, 4565, 21929, 17235, 20039, 19278, 19005 (and possibly others) all look like good candidates for backporting to 2.02.

Any idea when 2.0.2 might be done?

Michael

(Shelveset: LotsOfPythonBugsFinal2;REDMOND\dinov | SNAP CheckinId: m9247)

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog