From: users-boun...@lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-
boun...@lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Michael Foord
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:13 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] IronPython 2.6 CodePlex Source Update

merl...@microsoft.com wrote:
[snip...]

CHECKIN COMMENTS
-----------
Changeset Id: 918179
Date: 5/27/2009 10:36:35 AM

(dfugate) Renamed "IPY_OPTIONS" environment variable to
"TEST_OPTIONS" which is a bit more IronRuby friendly.
(Shelveset: TEST_OPTIONS;REDMOND\dfugate | SNAP CheckinId: m9247)
-----------
Changeset Id: 918178
Date: 5/27/2009 10:35:23 AM

(dinov) Tfpt review /shelveset:LotsOfPythonBugs;dinov

Python + 1 DLR Interpreter Change

First the DLR interpreter change – this is fixing a stack trace issue
reported by Curt.  When we have a mixed interpreted/compiled stack
we’re getting the wrong result.  This is because of few reasons:
1.    We need to clear the stack back trace we’ve calculated for
Python when we re-throw the exception otherwise we’ll re-use it.  I’ve
made the rethrow in WithStatement now throw through our helper and
updated the interpreter to do nothing special w/ repros making it
closer to the compiled code path.
2.    Over in ExceptionHelpers we are combining the saved stacks +
the new stacks in the incorrect order when reverse frames is true.
This causes us to get confused and lose frames.
20634 hex_codec needs to be imported before hex decode can happen
15428 ".". does not generate a SyntaxError in interactive sessions
15348 TypeError thrown for IronPython.Compiler.Ast.ErrorExpression
cast failure in interactive sessions
20302 codecs.lookup errors with uppercase encoding names
20051 Re-raising exception causes loss of traceback
22259 len(buffer) is incorrect
4565 Support all encodings CPython does for _codecs.encode and
_codecs.decode
21929 os.listdir does not accept empty path
20603 Trivial: os.walk(‘’) doesn’t work
2169 test_isinstance incompatibilities with CPython
17235 dir(System.ArgIterator) broken
20039 struct.pack('L', -1) is stricter than in CPython
19484 Error with timeit.py module
19005 Strange issues with BOM?
10816 -X:MaxRecursion N<=1 broken
19278 Confusing Error Message when using in operator
13912 TypeError: Could not create instance of <type 'Visual'> Improve
the error message – we now include that the type is abstract
Also assigning to MemoryHolder’s size as caught in code review,
fixing build.bat to run w/ frames enabled.
Nice checkin Message! Not to mention impressive, lots of good stuff
there.

20634, 15428, 20051, 4565, 21929, 17235, 20039, 19278, 19005 (and
possibly others) all look like good candidates for backporting to 2.02.

Any idea when 2.0.2 might be done?

Michael

(Shelveset: LotsOfPythonBugsFinal2;REDMOND\dinov | SNAP CheckinId:
m9247)

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog