Thomas wrote:
> > The VSIX no longer exists
>
> Can the walkthrough (the only documentation I can find) be updated
> accordingly?

Yep, that sounds like a great idea :)

> > Did you see that option when you installed 2.7A1?
>
> I ran the installer before I installed VS Shell the first time and it was not
> there.  I then installed the Shell and looked for the VSIX to install.  Not
> seeing it, I reran the IP install, thinking it looked for the Shell before
> providing the VSIX.  This time I saw the option you describe (unchecked by
> default).  I selected it and reinstalled.
>
> I then restarted VS 2010 Shell and still do not see the IronPython project
> types in the new solution or new project windows.
>
> What should I try next?

Does Help->About VS show IronPython Tools in the list of installed extensions?

And is there an IronPython Tools for Visual Studio folder over in
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft
Or %PROGRAM_FILES_x86%\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft if you're on an x64 machine?