From: miguel.nov...@gmail.com [mailto:miguel.nov...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Miguel de Icaza
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:43 PM
To: Tomas Matousek
Cc: Sebastien Pouliot; Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] how to build ironpython on ubuntu from sources?

So, how do I create a sandboxed app-domain based on Silverlight model on Mono?

This is a complicated process, it involves initializing the C runtime
specially, creating special versions of the libraries (special attributes
injected in the various libraries), declaring things appropriately and so on.
It is not a general purpose system for securing apps.

Wouldn't it be better to add the method and throw NotSupportedException so that
programs can compile and at runtime decide not to call the method? I guess a
workaround would be to use dynamic calls...

Well, I can add the method, but if you call it, it will still crash.

So the test suite should perhaps not depend on this feature if we want to run
it on Linux/Unix.

Miguel