Klaus Darilion wrote:

Iñaki Baz Castillo schrieb:
2009/8/24 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <mico...@gmail.com>:

I am personally aware of companies using Kamailio with several millions of subscribers, using kamailio database schema. Also, I am aware of companies having more or less same level of subscriber base using SER database schema.
All have additional tools for management, integration with third-party
application, a.s.o. Do you think that saying "hey, you were the unlucky
bastard because we are going to drop tomorrow the database schema you are
using" is the solution?

That's right, but I don't expect that migration to SR is a priority
for those companies already using OpenSER/Kamailio. For example, I
know some companies still using OpenSer 1.2.

However, it seems that the idea is that Kamailio/SER will use SR as
core, but the fact is that SR core uses current Kamailio and SER
modules/features as separate (modules_k, modules_s...). Wouldn't make
sense to unify SR code instead of having it splited in K and S?

I always is a matter of viewpoint (If A sits next to B, B also sits next to A). Of course you could have it in 3 repositories: 1xSR, 1xser and 1xKamailio. But the decision was to use a single repository for easier developing (e.g. core API changes require module changes too).

So, at the moment SR is the common repository for Kamailio (modules_k+modules+core) and ser (modules_s+modules+core). So, I think the next Kamailio release (source ball) might have just modules_k and modules. And ser does not need to distribute modules_k. However, if somebody wants to make fine selection, modules_s and modules_k can be mixed too.

Hi!

I want only mention my experience. (I am pretty new using sip-router.)
I tried to mix the modules but it didn't work for me.
So I want some modules from modules_s (xlog,auth_identiy ...) and other from modules_p (presence etc.)
But i have failed. :(
I must choose from the two repository. I can't use it together.
The key problem was that SL modul is not merged. Many modules depends on this modul.

Misi
regards
Klaus

AFAIK
this is the idea for a future, but in the meanwhile I don't fully
understand why SR requires to run right now as it is.

What I don't understand is the reasons to make current SR working with
K and S features/modules compatibility. We don't need a SR working
solution right now (since Kamailio and SER do exist), do we?
Maybe not you, but there are others. I am facing many troubles because of TCP (also TLS) layer in K which do not happen with SR core - asynchronous
TCP helps a lot.

Sure that's a good reason :)
But again you are speaking about Kamailio using SR as core (new and
improved TM module) while I meant SR code itself (which for now is a
mostly separate mix between K and S code instead of an unified
technology).

All (but seas) are ported.

Perhaps I understand it wrongly, but IMHO the modules will be really
ported when there is a unique MI interface for all of them (instead of
having to use K MI for K modules and S MI for S modules), when there
are just an unique class of pseudovariables (instead of having K and S
pvs)...

Regards.