Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

No, no caching for above mentioned modules. They simply hide a db query in most of the cases. They are supposed to deal with quite large volume of records where caching makes no sense. So you do not loose any performance by using sqlops. You can check with benchmark module.

Well, maybe not the above-mentioned modules, but certainly some. Otherwise, why all the db_mode parameters?

I am thinking here of:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/dialog.html#id2491994
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/carrierroute.html#id2511124
http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.5.x/usrloc.html#id2508613

Unless I am misunderstanding these parameters, it seems to me that there is some performance benefit to using a module with database backing versus beyond just a wrapper for the queries?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems