After using OPENMPI Ver 1.0.1 for several months without trouble, last week
I decided to upgrade to Ver 1.0.2. My primary motivation was curiosity, to see if there was any performance benefit. To my surprise, several of my F90 applications refused to run with the newer version. I also tried Ver 1.0.3a1r10036 with the same result. In all 3 cases I configured the build identically. Even that old chestnut 'hello.f' will not run with the newer versions. I ran it in the totalview debugger and can see that it is hanging in the MPI initialization code before it gets to the F90 application. I am using the Ver 6.1 PGF90 64bit compiler on a Linux Opteron workstation with 2 dual core 2.4 GHZ processors. If you think it it is worthwhile to pursue this problem further, what could I send you to help troubleshoot the problem? Meanwhile I have
gone back to 1.0.1, which works fine on everything.

Tom