On Thursday 25 May 2006 19:02, Tom Rosmond wrote:
> I didn't do a formal uninstall as you demonstate below, but instead went
> into the 'prefix' directory and renamed 'bin','lib','etc','include', and
> 'share'

A full uninstall is of course not needed, but it might be cleaner to simply
install in a different location and use something like modules to handle
setting up the environment in a suitable manner.

One thing that you can't skip though is recompiling your applications.
Something built against openmpi-x.y is not likely to work with openmpi-x.z.

Sorry if this just restated the obvious,
 Peter

  Peter Kjellström               |
  National Supercomputer Centre  |
  Sweden                         | http://www.nsc.liu.se