On Oct 5, 2007, at 8:48 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

With the (Debian package of the) current 1.2.4 release, I am seeing a lot of

mca: base: component_find: unable to open osc pt2pt: file not found (ignored)

that I'd like to suppress.

For these Debian packages, we added a (commented-out by default) entry to suppress the Infiniband noise when no Infiniband hardware is to be found. I
would like to suppress this 'osc pt2pt' message too.

But all attempts at guestimating parameters for
  /etc/openmpi/openmpi-mca-params.conf
based on what
  ompi_info all all
shows failed.  Could someone help me along?

This is a bit different, and points to something bad going on. The error message is that for some reason, a library that the pt2pt component depends on was not found. The pt2pt osc component is entirely built on the MPI layer -- it shouldn't have any external dependencies. Can you run ldd on the library and see if there's anything obvious?

Thanks,

Brian