On Oct 7, 2007, at 12:53 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Not that I can tell. What else could I test? The build-logs don't reveal
| anything fishy -- all pt2pt occurrences look fine.  The build itself
| proceeded fine (and this was the Debian package build I then uplod)

Two more observations:
-- the message does not appear on my Ubuntu system
-- but it appears on Hao's Debian machine which does not use the Debian package

Could this be some dynamic loading issue? How can we go about solving this?

I'm disconnected from the network for the moment and can't test a tarball build myself (i.e., I don't have ready access to a distribution tarball), but I think that we disable showing dlopen errors for optimized/tarball builds. Try running with this MCA parameter:

  mpriun --mca mca_component_show_load_errors 1 ...

Cisco Systems