On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Brian Granger wrote:

Wow, that is quite a study of the different options.  I will spend
some time looking over things to better understand the (complex)
situation.  I will also talk with Lisandro Dalcin about what he thinks
the best approach is for mpi4py.  One question though.  You said that
nothing had changed in this respect from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4, but 1.2.3
doesn't show the problem.  Does this make sense?

I wondered about that as well. Is there any chance that you simply weren't using the one-sided MPI functionality between your different versions?

Or are you using the same version of your software with v1.2.3 and v1.2.4 of OMPI? If so, I'm kinda at a loss. :-(

FWIW: our one-sided support loads lazily; it doesn't load during MPI_INIT like most of the rest of the plugins that we have. Since not many MPI applications use it, we decided to make it only load the osc plugins the first time an MPI window is created.

Cisco Systems