On 12/12/07, Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2007, at 6:32 PM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> > Do I have the libtool API calls available when linking against
> > libmpi.so ?
>
> You should, yes.

OK, but now I realize that I cannot simply call libtool dlopen()
inconditionally, as libmpi.so could not exist in a static lib build.

> Also, see my later post: doesn't perl/python have some kind of
> portable dlopen anyway?  They're opening your module...?

AFAIK, Python does not. It uses specific, private code for this,
handling the loading of extension modules according to the OS's and
their idiosyncracies. However, Python enable users to change the flags
used for dlopen'ing your extension modules; the tricky part is to get
the correct values RTLD_GLOBAL in a portable way.

> > Is there any another way of setting a MCA parameter?
> See http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#setting-mca-params.

OK, it seems there isn't a programatic way. Anyway, putenv() should
not be a souce of portability problems.

Jeff, once you have this parameter enabled, please write me in order I
can do some testing. Many tanks for your clarifications and help.

--
Lisandro Dalcín