Hi, just trying to join the threads...

If someone has this same problem, you can check also:
[OMPI users] Error initializing openMPI

I am also attaching to this email the requested information (file ompi-output.tar.gz).

Thanks Jeff, Thanks Rainer.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Jeff Squyres wrote:

On Oct 30, 2007, at 9:42 AM, Jorge Parra wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Linux does not freeze. The one that
freezes is
OpenMPI. Sorry for my unaccurate choice of words that led to
confusion.
Therefore dmesg does not show anything abnormal (I attached to this
email
a full dmesg log, captured when openmpi freezes).

When openmpi ferezes I can, from another terminal, see that the
node on
which openmpi is originaly run (the local one) has two processes:
orted
and mpirun. The remote node has one: orted. This seems to be normal.
However, in both nodes there are not any openmpi activity. There is
only
an initial "calling init" printout in the local node (I included it in
the greetins.c program for testing purposes).

Unfortunately, I have not been able to compile openmpi 1.2.4 or any
of the
1.2 trunk versions. Trunks 1.0 and 1.1 copiled well in my system. I
already opened a case for this, but I received a message that the
person
it was assigned is in paternal leave. So I think I need to wait a
bit for
help on that :). So I am stuck with version 1.1.5.

Are you referring to this thread:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2007/10/4218.php

There's currently only one person on paternal leave, and although he
is the powerpc guy :-), he's not really the build system guy (I'm
kinda *guessing* that either OMPI or libltdl is choosing to build or
link the wrong object -- but that's a SWAG without seeing any
additional information).

I sent you a reply on 24 Oct asking for a bit more information:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2007/10/4310.php

I am running openmpi as root because my system has some special
conditions. This is an attempt to make an embedded Massive Parallel
Processor (MPP), so the nodes are running embedded versions of linux,
where normally there is just one user (root). Since this is an
isolated
system, I did not thing this could be a problem (I don't care about
security issues too).

Again, thank you for all your help,

Jorge