Thanks in advance if this is already fixed in a later release I've not caught
up to,
I'm at 1.2.3.

Is there some subtle reason that ompi's mpi.h
leaves the following macros both
unguarded with an ifndef and un-prefixed with OMPI_ ?

This produces considerable amounts of compiler whinage for other
codes that include mpi.h. As always, extraneous whinage makes real
errors harder to find. (And yes, those other codes also need
*their* definitions of HAVE_LONG_LONG, etc properly protected).
And of course who knows how the answer was defined for any given
unprotected appearance of these macros?

/* Define to 1 if the system has the type `long long'. */
#undef HAVE_LONG_LONG

/* The size of a `bool', as computed by sizeof. */
#undef SIZEOF_BOOL

/* The size of a `int', as computed by sizeof. */
#undef SIZEOF_INT

If it's simply a matter of developer hours, I can post a patch
somewhere to address this. It appears that of these, only
sizeof_int affects more than a few source files.

thanks,
Ben Allan