Brian replied offlist; we resolved it. Committed in r17591. I'll make a patch for the v1.2 branch in case we ever do v1.2.6.

On Feb 24, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

Actually, I take my comments back. Brian's initial patches did not compiled for me; I had to make some more changes to make it work for me (see attached patch):

1. fixed a HAVE_LONG_LONG to be OMPI_HAVE_LONG_LONG

2. fixed a STDC_HEADERS to be OMPI_STDC_HEADERS

3. the AC_DEFINE's for the new OMPI_* macros in mpi.h were at the very beginning of configure.ac, before the various $ac_cv_<foo> shell variables had any values (hence, the resulting #defines were empty). I moved them to the end of configure.ac.

The only one that concerns me is #3 -- Brian: was there a reason you put those AC_DEFINE's at the top of configure.ac?

Given that the previous patch must have somehow compiled for Brian, I'd like to get a review before this is committed to the trunk. I tested on x86_64 RHEL4U4 and OS X Leopard and my amended patch seems to work. Can someone else verify that the attached patch works for them before I commit?