Hey Balaji

I'm new at it too, but might be able to help you a bit.

A sigsegv error occurs usually when you try to access something in memory
that's not actually there. Like using a pointer that points to nothing. In my
short experience with MPI so far, I got this kind of message when I made
something wrong with the functions, like for example sending a buffer and, when
telling MPI it's size, giving a wrong value. Make sure there's nothing like
that on your code.

For the time thing, I think that what you want is the MPI_WTime() function.
Check this out:
https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/mpi/man/MPI_Wtime.txt

Best,

Giovani

balaji srinivas <balajisriniva...@rediffmail.com> escreveu:
 hi all,
  I am new to MPI. The outline of my code is

 if(r==0)
 function1()
 else if(r==1)
 function2()

 where r is the rank and functions are included in the .h files. There are no
compilation errors. I get the SIGSEGV error while running.
 Pls help. how to solve this?

 2) how to find the execution time of a mpi program. in C we have
 clock_t start=clock() at the beginning and

 ((double)clock() - start) / CLOCKS_PER_SEC) at the end.

 Thanks in advance.

 regards,
 balaji.