When I add the info parameter in MPI_Comm_spawn, I get the error
"Some of the requested hosts are not included in the current allocation for the application:
[...]
Verify that you have mapped the allocated resources properly using the
--host specification."

Here is a snippet of my code that causes the error:

   MPI_Info info;
   MPI_Info_create( &info );
   MPI_Info_set(info,"host","localhost");
MPI_Comm_spawn( cmd , MPI_ARGV_NULL , nkids , info , 0 , MPI_COMM_SELF , &kid , errs );

Mark Borgerding wrote:
Thanks, I don't know how I missed that. Perhaps I got thrown off by
"Portable programs not requiring detailed control over process locations should use MPI_INFO_NULL."

If there were a computing equivalent of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, functioning would be more fundamental than portability :)

-- Mark

Ralph Castain wrote:
Take a look at the man page for MPI_Comm_spawn. It should explain that you need to create an MPI_Info key that has the key of "host" and a value that contains a comma-delimited list of hosts to be used for the child processes.

Hope that helps
Ralph