I've tried lots of different values for the "host" key in the info handle.
I've tried hardcoding the hostname+ip entries in the /etc/hosts file -- no luck. I cannot get my MPI_Comm_spawn children to go anywhere else on the network.

mpiexec can start groups on the other machines just fine. It seems like there is some initialization that is done by orterun but not by MPI_Comm_spawn.

Is there a document that describes how the default process management works?
I do not have infiniband, myrinet or any specialized rte, just ssh.
All the machines are CentOS 5.2 (openmpi 1.2.5)

-- Mark

Ralph Castain wrote:
The string "localhost" may not be recognized in the 1.2 series for comm_spawn. Do a "hostname" and use that string instead - should work.

Ralph