On Oct 24, 2008, at 12:10 PM, V. Ram wrote:

Resuscitating this thread...

Well, we spent some time testing the various options, and Leonardo's
suggestion seems to work!

We disabled TCP Segment Offloading on the e1000 NICs using "ethtool -K
eth<X> tso off" and this type of crash no longer happens.

I hope this message can help anyone else experiencing the same issues.
Thanks Leonardo!

OMPI devs: does this imply bug(s) in the e1000 driver/chip?  Should I
contact the driver authors?

Maybe?  :-)

I don't think that we do anything particularly whacky, TCP-wise -- we just open sockets and read/write plain vanilla data down the fd's. So it might be worth contacting them and asking if there are any known issues...?

Cisco Systems