AFAIK, there are no parameters available to monitor IB message passing. The majority of it is processed in hardware, and Linux is unaware of it. We have not added any extra instrumentation into the openib BTL to provide auditing information, because, among other reasons, that is the performance-critical code path and we didn't want to add any latency in there.

The best you may be able to do is with a PMPI-based library to audit MPI function call invocations.