On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Bogdan Costescu wrote:

'uname -X' is valid on Solaris, but not on Linux.

Not good to reply to oneself, but I've looked at the archives and realized that 'uname -X' comes from a message of the OP. My guess is that the same source directory was used to build for Solaris previously (maybe on shared NFS ?) and some state is being picked by a new ./configure run who then decides to treat the system as Solaris. So unpacking the archive again and starting building from scratch might be a good idea...

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.coste...@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de