Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:
Ok, after all the considerations, I'll try Boost, today, make some experiments and see if I can use it or if I'll avoid it yet.

But as said by Raimond I think, the problem is been dependent of a rich-incredible-amazing-toolset .... but still implementing only MPI-1, and do not implement all the MPI functions main drawbacks of boost, but the set of functions implemented do not compromise the functionality, i don't know about the MPI-1, MPI-2 and future MPI-3 specifications, how this specifications implementations affect boost and the developer using Boost, with OpenMPI of course.

Continuing if something change in the boost how can I guarantee it won't affect my code in the future ? It is impossible.

Anyway I'll test it today and without it and choose my direction, thanks for all the replies, suggestions, solutions, that you all pointed to me I really appreciate all your help and comments about boost or not my code.

Thanks and Regards.
Vitorio.

  Vitorio,

If there is some MPI capability that is not currently provided in Boost.MPI, then just call it the normal MPI way. Using Boost.MPI doesn't interfere with any use of the C bindings, even in the same function.

As for future changes, if something happens to a boost library that you don't like, just keep using the older version. Past releases of boost remain available after new releases arrive.

                        John