As Ralph says, the intent has been to maintain binary compatibility across
minor releases.  As for testing, I have not done extensive testing for
binary compatibility, but I have tested 1.3 & 1.3.2-built versions of IMB
and the NPB suite with 1.3.3 and did not have any problems.  I did this for
sm, tcp & openib transports.  So, in my environment, binary compatibility
looks to have been maintained within the 1.3-series releases.
Please let us know if you run across any binary incompatibilities.

--Brad