I see.  My one script for all clusters calls

mpirun --mca btl openib,mx,gm,tcp,sm,self ....

so I'd need to add some logic above the mpirun line to figure out what
cluster I am on to setup the correct  mpirun line.

still seems like I should be able to do the mpirun line I have and just
tell me what it found, not what it can't find.

thanks for the workaround...

-tom

             Scott Atchley
             <atch...@myri.com
             Sent by:                  Open MPI Users <us...@open-mpi.org>
             users-bounces@ope                                          cc
             n-mpi.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [OMPI users] Using OPENMPI
             08/26/2009 03:57          configured for MX,   GM and OPENIB
             PM                        interconnects

             Please respond to
              Open MPI Users
             <users@open-mpi.o
                    rg>

On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:41 PM, twu...@goodyear.com wrote:

> When, for example, I run on an IB cluster, I get warning messages
> about not
> finding GM NICS and another transport will be used etc.
> And warnings about mca btl mx components not found etc.  It DOES run
> the
> IB, but it never says that in the output.
>
> What I'd like is to not get warnings about what I don't have on the
> cluster
> in question and instead get a note that says it found the IB.
>
> Is this already possible?
>
> Or can I at least suppress the warnings for the not-found
> interconnects?
>
> thanks!
> tom

You can use:

$ mpirun -mca pml ob1 -mca mx,sm,self ...

when running with MX. Substitute gm or ib when running on those
networks.

It may still fail over to TCP. To avoid that, you could run:

$ mpirun -mca pml ob1 -mca ^mx,^ib,^tcp ...

to tell it to run on anything (GM, shared memory and self) except MX,
IB, and TCP.

You probably do not need -mca pml ob1, but that will prevent the MX
MTL from trying to start as well.

Scott