On Nov 5, 2009, at 4:15 PM, Qing Pang wrote:

Thank you Jeff! That solves the problem. :-) You are the lifesaver!
So does that means I always need to copy my application to all the
nodes? Or should I give the pathname of the my executable in a different
way to avoid this? Do I need a network file system for that?

Your executable needs to be available on all nodes, yes, whether you have copied it out there or whether you use a network filesystem. For a small number of nodes, using a network filesystem is likely much more convenient.

See http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#do-i-need-a-common-filesystem