Hi Belaid Moa

The OpenMPI I install and use is on a NFS mounted directory.
Hence, all the nodes see the same version, which has "tm" support.

After reading your OpenMPI configuration parameters on the headnode
and working nodes (and the difference between them),
I would guess (just a guess) that the problem you see is because your
OpenMPI version on the nodes (probably) do not have Torque support.

However, you should first verify that this is really the case,
because if the OpenMPI configure script
finds the torque libraries it will (probably) configure and
install OpenMPI with "tm" support, even if you don't ask it
explicitly on the working nodes.
Hence, ssh to WN1 or WN2 and do "ompi_info" to check this out first.

If there is no Torque on WN1 and WN2 then OpenMPI won't find it
and you won't have "tm" support on the nodes.

In any case, if OpenMPI "tm" support is missing on WN[1,2},
I would suggest that you reinstall OpenMPI on WN1 and WN2 *with tm support*.
This will require that you have Torque on the working nodes also,
and use the same configure command line that you used on the headnode.

A low-tech alternative is to copy over your OpenMPI directory tree to the WN1 and WN2 nodes.

A yet simpler alternative is to reinstall OpenMPI on the headnode
on a NFS mounted directory (as I do here), then
add the corresponding "bin" path to your PATH,
and the corresponding "lib" path to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variables.

Think about maintenance, and upgrades:
On an NFS mounted directory
you need to install only once, whereas the way you have it now you need
to do it N+1 times (or have a mechanism to propagate a single
installation from the head node to the compute nodes).

NFS is your friend!  :)

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA

Belaid MOA wrote:
I tried -bynode option but it did not change anything. I also tried the "hostname" name command and I keep getting only the name of one node repeated according to the -n value.

Just to make sure I did the right installation, here is what I did:

-- On the head node (HN), I installed openMPI using the --with-tm option as follows:

./configure --with-tm=/var/spool/torque --enable-static
make install all

-- On the worker nodes (WN1 and WN2), I installed openMPI without tm option as follows (it is a local installation on each worker node):

./configure --enable-static
make install all

Is this correct?

Thanks a lot in advance.