Hi Farago,

I'm afraid that currently Open MPI doesn't have such feature to make Linux and Windows work together. But the idea is still interesting. :-)

By the way, there are many configure options for windows build are still experimental, and they may not work or work improperly.

Thanks,
Shiqing

T. Farago wrote:
He, this is getting annoying, but I have another question:
I am trying to get windows and linux hosts to work together. Is this
even possible with openmpi? I tried mpich2 first but there were
several problems and on google I found some hints that openmpi will do
the job. However I don't see any cross-platform run-time systems.
Obviously rsh/ssh doesn't work on Windows and neither does MS CCP on
linux.

The FAQ does state heterogeneous execution environments but I get the
feeling Windows <> Linux is not what is meant there.

Tom