I don't see -static listed in the config.log at all, but I see it listed in the
make output that you sent in the first mail.

Additionally, the make output that you sent in your mail doesn't seem to match
the make.output that you attached in your last email.  Are you mixing and
matching multiple builds by accident, perchance?

FWIW, it's typically best to set flags in configure via the configure command
line, like this:

  ./configure CFLAGS=-static ....etc...

Rather than setenv'ing them before running configure.  The (minor) advantage of
this is that all the flags are then recorded in the config.log file.  If you
setenv them, then config.log doesn't show everything.