sorry the command was missing a number

as you said it should be

qrsh -verbose -pe pempi 6 mpirun -np 6 hostname
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...

Your "qrsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.
---
*this is my parallel enviroment*
*qconf -sp pempi*
pe_name            pempi
slots              210
user_lists         NONE
xuser_lists        NONE
start_proc_args    /usr/bin/true
stop_proc_args     /usr/bin/true
allocation_rule    $pe_slots
control_slaves     TRUE
job_is_first_task  FALSE
urgency_slots      min
accounting_summary TRUE

*this is the queue
qconf -sq cola.q
*qname                 cola.q
hostlist              @allhosts
seq_no                0
load_thresholds       np_load_avg=1.75
suspend_thresholds    NONE
nsuspend              1
suspend_interval      00:05:00
priority              0
min_cpu_interval      00:05:00
processors            UNDEFINED
qtype                 BATCH INTERACTIVE
ckpt_list             NONE
pe_list               make pempi
rerun                 FALSE
slots                 2
tmpdir                /tmp
shell                 /bin/csh*

i noticed that if i put 2 slots (since the queue has 2 slots) on the -pe
pempi N   argument and also the full path to mpirun as you guys pointed, it
works!!!
*cristobal@neoideo:~$ qrsh -verbose -pe pempi 2
/opt/openmpi-1.4.1/bin/mpirun -np 6 hostname
Your job 125 ("mpirun") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your interactive job 125 has been successfully scheduled.
Establishing builtin session to host ijorge.local ...
ijorge.local
ijorge.local
ijorge.local
ijorge.local
ijorge.local
ijorge.local
cristobal@neoideo:~$ qrsh -verbose -pe pempi 2 /opt/openmpi-1.4.1/bin/mpirun
-np 6 hostname
Your job 126 ("mpirun") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
Your interactive job 126 has been successfully scheduled.
Establishing builtin session to host neoideo ...
neoideo
neoideo
neoideo
neoideo
neoideo
neoideo
cristobal@neoideo:~$ *
**
i just wonder why i didnt get mixed hostnames? like
neoideo
neoideo
ijorge.local
ijorge.local