Ok, ok. It is indeed a CFD program, and Gus got it right. Number of cells per
core means memory per core (sorry for the inaccuracy).
My PC has 12GB of RAM. And the same calculation runs fine in an old Ubuntu8.04
32bits with 4GB RAM.
What I find strange is that the same problems runs with 1 core (without evoking
mpiexec) and then for large number of cores/processes, for instance mpiexec -n
32. Something in between not. And it is not a bug in the program because it
runs in other machines and the code has not been changed.

Anymore hints?

Thanks in advance.

Guilherme

dr. ir. Guilherme Vaz
CFD Researcher
Research & Development
E mailto:g....@marin.nl
T +31 317 49 33 25

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl