Here is the output of the "ompi_info --param btl openib":

                 MCA btl: parameter "btl_openib_flags" (current value: <306>,
data
                          source: default value)
                          BTL bit flags (general flags: SEND=1, PUT=2, GET=4,
                          SEND_INPLACE=8, RDMA_MATCHED=64,
HETEROGENEOUS_RDMA=256; flags
                          only used by the "dr" PML (ignored by others): ACK=16,
                          CHECKSUM=32, RDMA_COMPLETION=128; flags only used by
the "bfo"
                          PML (ignored by others): FAILOVER_SUPPORT=512)

So the 305 flags means: HETEROGENEOUS_RDMA | CHECKSUM | ACK | SEND. Most of
these flags are totally useless in the current version of Open MPI (DR is not
supported), so the only value that really matter is SEND | HETEROGENEOUS_RDMA.

If you want to enable the send protocol try first with SEND | SEND_INPLACE (9),
if not downgrade to SEND (1)

  george.