Srinivas,

There's also Kernel-Level Checkpointing vs. User-Level Checkpointing -
if you can checkpoint an MPI task and restart it on a new node, then
this is also "process migration".

Of course, doing a checkpoint & restart can be slower than pure
in-kernel process migration, but the advantage is that you don't need
any kernel support, and can in fact do all of it in user-space.

Rayson