Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Aug 31, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Gus Correa wrote:

Do you want to add this kind of info to the FAQ?  I seem to recall that the
gettimeofday question has come up before...?
Indeed, but often related to the accuracy of the MPI_Wtime clock, IIRR.

No, I have a dim recollection that it came up in the context of building on windows. I could be wrong, though.

Hmmm ... maybe it was a mix of both?
From the very pen ... er ... keyboard (I-phone?, tablet?)
of Jeff Squyres:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2010/10/14463.php

Anyway, I read messages about MPI_Wtime clock here and in the
MPICH list, so I may be confused by the abundance of information.

Cheers,
Gus