Hi,
I am trying to run various MPI apps (for e.g., example apps in OpenMPI, IMB etc)
on my OFED setup (two hosts with CentOS5.4 connected back to back using Mellanox
infiniband hardware).  I want to run these MPI apps without IPoIB i.e, using
infiniband verbs.
Below is the command I have tried.
"mpirun --prefix /usr/local/ -np 2 --mca btl openib,self --mca
btl_openib_cpc_include rdmacm --mca btl_openib_if_include "mthca_0:1" -hostfile
tmp_host_file ring_c"
With this I am getting error as
"At least one pair of MPI processes are unable to reach each other for
MPI communications. This means that no Open MPI device has indicated
that it can be used to communicate between these processes. This is
an error; Open MPI requires that all MPI processes be able to reach
each other. This error can sometimes be the result of forgetting to
specify the "self" BTL."

I am using OpenMPI version 1.4.3

Is it possible to avoid IPoIB while running MPI app on top of OFED stack ? If
yes, what is that I am missing in the above command ? Pleas suggest me.